遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年2月4日 星期一

92-year-old blind man hits hole-in-one 92歲盲老翁一桿進洞

A 92-year-old blind golfer has hit a hole-in-one in Florida.

Leo Fiyalko was playing a 110-yard, par-3 hole in Clearwater, reports the St Petersburg Times.

"It was my first hole-in-one, and I never saw it," he said. "I was just trying to put the ball on the green."

Mr Fiyalko once played to a seven handicap but he began suffering macular degeneration 10 years ago.

He is now legally blind and needs help lining up his shots and finding his golf balls.

Mr Fiyalko was playing with a group-of-friends when he hit his hole-in-one but they were all looking for a lost ball as he prepared to tee off.

One player Jean Gehring said: "I looked up and Leo was about to hit. I said, 'Hey, somebody has to watch Leo.'

"So I went up there and saw him hit and it was a pretty good shot. I could tell it went on the green, so when we got up there I didn't see it. I looked in the hole and there it was."

When told of his achievement, he reportedly said only: "How about that." His friends in the Twilighters Club golf group presented him with a plaque to commemorate the feat. (Ananova.com)

沒有留言: