遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年3月8日 星期六

World's smallest mum 全世界最矮小的母親

A 28ins (約72公分) tall woman believes she has set the world record for the smallest person ever to give birth.

Stacey Herald was told by doctors that having a child could kill her, crushing her internal organs, reports the Daily Telegraph.

But the 33-year-old recently gave birth to her second daughter, Makya, who measured 18ins.

Guinness World Records is now investigating whether Mrs Herald, from Dry Ridge, Kentucky, US is officially the smallest mother on earth.

Makya, who her mum says is "growing like a weed", is expected to reach an average height. But her 16-month-old sister Kateri suffers from the same condition as her mother, osteogenesis imperfecta.

Mrs Herald and her husband - who is 5ft 9in tall - believe their children are gifts from God.

She said: "My whole life I've been told that I wasn't able to have children... And something inside me just didn't believe that."

Mrs Herald, who uses a wheelchair, added 20lb to her 52lb frame during the pregnancy.

"I had the biggest belly you've ever seen in your life. If I laid down, I looked like a snail. That's how big my belly was. I looked like an Idaho potato with arms and legs. And you couldn't see my feet," she added.

Her husband Wil, who is studying to become a priest, said: "I'm proud to have her as my wife. It's just a blessing that we have two wonderful children. She's a great mum. She's a terrific mum." (Daily Telegraph)

沒有留言: